“St John’s Chambers is an innovative set with high-quality barristers who have a collegiate approach. The group only takes on civil matters, and, in addition to being hailed as a ‘very strong commercial set’, handles family law, personal injury and clinical negligence.” Legal 500 (2016)
To view our rankings please click here.
We are thrilled to announce that we have been recommended as a top-tier set, and listed in the eight main areas of law in the 2016 edition of The Legal 500. Three of our QCs are listed in the “Leading silks” list – a guide to outstanding silks nationwide. 12 of our barristers are recommended in the editorial, and 35 of our barristers are listed in the “Leading juniors” list – a guide to outstanding juniors nationwide.
- Leslie Blohm QC – “His calmness and gravitas puts clients at ease.” Commercial, banking, insolvency and chancery law
- Christopher Sharp QC – “An advocate of precision and strength, who gets to the heart of case.” Family and children law
- Kathryn Skellorn QC – “A master of her brief; her preparation is unmatched and she has an almost intimidating grasp of the law.” Family and children law
- Christopher Sharp QC – “An advocate of precision and strength, who gets to the heart of case.” Personal injury and clinical negligence
- Leslie Blohm QC – “His calmness and gravitas puts clients at ease.” Property
What does Legal 500 say about St John’s Chambers…
- Commercial, banking, insolvency and chancery law
An impressive range of barristers and is one of the leading sets in the region. The group is primarily known for Chancery and commercial matters, and a number of members are active in banking and insolvency cases. To view rankings click here.
- Construction, planning and environment
Chambers has a wide-ranging construction and planning practice, which also extends to related professional negligence matters. To view rankings click here.
Chambers’ employment practice is recommended for all forms of discrimination claims, where members represent employers and employees. To view rankings click here.
- Family and children law
Chambers has a strong family law team with many able barristers in financial and children cases. The group is well versed in the full range of matters and deals with complex and sensitive care cases as well as high-value financial remedy matters. Members have significant experience in the Court of Appeal. To view rankings click here.
- Personal injury and clinical negligence
With very strong counsel across all levels, St John’s handles both personal injury and clinical negligence cases. The set has seen a particular increase in industrial disease work of late, on both the claimant and defendant side. To view rankings click here
One of the leading sets in the West for property and Chancery work. To view rankings click here.
- Public law
Chambers public and administrative group has dealt with significant judicial reviews recently. To view rankings click here.
- Regulatory, health and safety, and licensing
Chambers regulatory team is home to experts in health and safety and licensing disputes. To view rankings click here.
“The administrative arm is excellent, always accessible and accommodating, and led by chief executive Derek Jenkins. Robert Bocock, Annette Bushell and Luke Hodgson are the practice managers.” Legal 500 (2016)
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our clients for their continued support and feedback provided to Legal 500.