Members of our competition team have considerable experience in providing advice and representation in all areas of UK, EU and international competition law and related areas, whether contentious or non-contentious, including:
- Cartels and anti-competitive practices
- Abuse of a dominant position
- Market studies and investigations
- Merger control
- State aid
- Economic regulation
Our barristers have a broad sector of experience and understand the importance of providing advice and representation that is commercially-focused, technically astute and cost-effective. This ensures that they can help clients to achieve their objectives whilst avoiding or minimising regulatory risk.
Our barristers have particular experience in:
- Appeals against decisions of the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), the European Commission (EC) and other competition and regulatory authorities.
- Competition litigation, including damages actions
- Judicial review proceedings involving competition and regulatory authorities
- CMA and EC antitrust and regulatory investigations
- Dawn raids by CMA and EC officials
- CMA market studies and investigations
- State aid, including notifications to and investigations by the EC and related litigation
- The application of competition law to a wide range of commercial agreements and business practices
- Merger control proceedings before the CMA, EC and other authorities
- Ensuring compliance with the public procurement rules
Our team appear before the UK and EU courts and also represent clients at mediations, arbitrations and other forms of ADR.
Our barristers regularly deliver lectures to solicitors and other professionals on recent developments in competition and regulatory law and practice. If you are interested in arranging a lecture then please contact our clerks.