In-house Counsel working in the legal departments of companies or financial services institutions are often required by their employers or colleagues to provide specialist advice in areas of law outside their primary fields of work.
St John’s Chambers offers in-house counsel a complete package of high-quality legal services. While not every case is suitable for direct instruction, in the right circumstances we can manage all aspects of a case avoiding the need for you to engage an additional legal team. This will save you time and reduce your costs.
St John’s Chambers can offer you?
- High quality services in a single package
- A cost effective and efficient solution
- Significant value for money
- Specialist advice from independent barristers
- Ensuring the right junior and senior barristers are involved in your case and that there is a degree of cover when the main barrister you’re instructing is occupied with another matter.
This route is particularly suited to advisory work, pre-litigation strategy, preparation for hearings and representation in court and tribunals.
Types of work we are involved in?
- Providing support and expertise on large litigation cases when clients require additional assistance, usually at short notice.
- Providing junior barristers to accept secondments or work with an in-house legal team on long term regulatory investigations or smaller scale pieces of litigation
- Providing a wide experience in areas such as employment, professional negligence, commercial litigation, planning and health & safety.
If you are an employed lawyer and would like to know more, or make an enquiry about a specific matter, please contact Derek Jenkins, our Chief Executive.