Rob is an experienced clerk with over 25 years spent in the profession. Following 17 years at leading chambers in or around the Temple, Rob joined St John’s in 2005.
He is responsible for the operational and strategic development of the Commercial and Chancery Practice Group as well as marketing, business development and the overall smooth running of the team, ensuring clients are provided with a first class service. He is assisted by a first class clerking team, which includes Paul Bennett, Elizabeth Champion and Simon Lyons.
He is a qualified member of the Institute of Barrister’s Clerks. As a former elected member of the Management Board of the IBC, he chaired the 2012 Annual Conference. He is a qualified Mediator. In addition he sits on various court user groups, attends judicial liaison meetings and has close links with the Bristol Civil Justice Centre. He is also a former LEA (Local Education Authority) appointed school governor.
- “The clerking service is very good; they have a very modern approach and they run a lot of useful, to-the-point seminars.” “The team has a decent, proactive relationship with the instructing solicitor.” “The clerks can generally sort something out for you at the last minute, and they are friendly, keen and enthusiastic.” Robert Bocock is the practice manager for Commercial & Chancery. Chambers & Partners 2017 – Commercial Dispute Resolution – Client Service
- “Their clerks and support team are definitely up there with the best in terms of their knowledge of their own members, their recommendations and their overall attitude.” The clerking team is led by Robert Bocock. Chambers & Partners 2017 – Company – Client Service
- “Extremely efficient, you invariably get an immediate response.” “The team is always highly efficient and friendly.” Robert Bocock leads the clerking. Chambers & Partners 2017 – Construction – Client Service
- “They provided a very good service: they were all very professional and did everything you’d expect.” Robert Bocock is the practice manager. Chambers & Partners 2017 – Partnership – Client Service
- “There’s no one better than their clerks in returning calls, agreeing fees, turning around papers. They’re very proactive.” Robert Bocock is the main contact.
Chambers & Partners 2016 – Chancery – Western (Bar)
- “The chambers are remarkably helpful and calming even in an emergency; you always feel as if a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders when seeking help. The clerks are über-efficient and helpful; they never seem flustered even when asked to do something in a very short period of time. Nothing is too much trouble.” Robert Bocock is the commercial and chancery practice manager.
Chambers & Partners 2016 – Commercial Dispute Resolution – Western (Bar)
- “The clerking is amazing. You only have to phone them up and things just get done.” Robert Bocock manages the commercial clerking team.
Chambers & Partners 2016 – Company – Western (Bar)
- “The clerks, led by Robert Bocock, are helpful, reliable and always available when you need them.” “They are friendly and effective.”
Chambers & Partners 2016 – Construction – Western (Bar)
- “The clerks are extremely user-friendly, personable and practical. They always go that extra mile and see what they can do to work with you. They’re a pleasure to deal with.”
Chambers & Partners 2016 – Real Estate Litigation – Western (Bar)
- “The clerks, led by practice manager Robert Bocock, are great and really helpful. The administration is very efficient. They have never fallen short of expectations.” Chambers & Partners 2015 – Chancery – Western (Bar)
- “The clerks, led by Robert Bocock, are very thorough – everything works seamlessly.” Chambers & Partners 2015 – Commercial Dispute Resolution – Western (Bar)
- “The clerks, led by Robert Bocock, are good at trying to accommodate you on budget.” Chambers & Partners 2015 – Company – Western (Bar)
- “The clerking team, led by Robert Bocock, are a lot more hands-on than some other chambers. They liaise with courts and save a lot of time and hassle.” Chambers & Partners 2015 – Construction – Western (Bar)
- “Robert Bocock comes in for praise for the way he leads his clerking team.” Chambers & Partners – 2013
- “St John’s Chambers’ clerks really do appear to consider carefully recommendations when they are asked for them.” Legal 500 – 2012
- “extremely helpful and friendly team of clerks.” Chambers & Partners – 2012