Joint Deputy Head of Chambers
Head of Personal Injury Practice Group
Call 1987 (Lincolns Inn)
Qualifications MA (Cantab), LLB (Cantab)
Professional Memberships Personal Injury Bar Association
Over the 20 years or so Glyn has been in practice he has dealt with many cases of civil fraud in all its guises – fabricated fire and theft insurance claims, manufactured accidents (whether RTA or in the workplace), fraudulently obtained policies, malingering and exaggeration in personal injury claims and proceedings for civil contempt with regard to false statements of truth.
Whilst much of Glyn’s caseload is catastrophic and severe injury work, he continues to take multi-track work of interest, with particular expertise in all aspects of Employer’s Liability work (on which he has been lecturing the new Recorders course for the Judicial Studies Board for the last few years), psychiatric injury, pain disorders and causation disputes. He keeps a good balance to his practice and represents both defendant and claimant. Glyn is widely thought to be ‘head and shoulders above the rest’ Chambers UK.
- “Very clever, very hard-working and very easy to work with. On top of that, he is a superb advocate.” “Great at cutting through to the salient issues on complicated cases.” Chambers UK, Personal Injury (2018)
- “He has a brilliant tactical brain” Legal 500, Personal Injury and clinical negligence (2017)
- “Glyn is an outstanding barrister widely lauded for his expertise in personal injury matters. He advises both claimants and defendants and focuses his practice on serious and catastrophic injury claims. Sources repeatedly draw attention to his excellent manner with clients. ‘Brilliant on his feet in court; he absorbs the detail but cuts through to the salient issues. He puts clients at ease.’ ‘He is intellectually excellent; he’s able to guide clients through the most challenging of cases.’ ” Chambers UK, Personal Injury (2017)
- “A premier senior junior, who is an excellent advocate with a common-sense approach.” Legal 500, Personal injury and clinical negligence (2016)
- “Glyn is intellectually excellent; he’s able to guide clients through the most challenging of cases.” Chambers UK, Personal Injury (2016)
- “Glyn finds a clear way through complex cases.” Legal 500, Personal injury and Clinical Negligence (2015)
Glyn is ranked as the only star individual on the Western Circuit and is consistently rated as a leading junior in Chambers UK and Legal 500. His workload is primarily serious and catastrophic injury cases. He has a particular expertise in complex employer’s liability cases. He keeps a good balance to his practice and represents both claimants and defendants. Over the 20 years or so he has been in practice he has also dealt with many cases of civil fraud.
Glyn was ranked in the ‘Chambers 100 UK Bar’, ranking the top barristers practising at the Bar of England and Wales. He has achieved this recognition by being ranked a ‘Star Individual’ in his specialist area of practice in The Chambers UK Bar Guide.
“Glyn is the premier personal injury barrister on the Western circuit. He acts for both claimants and defendants and regularly tackles cases of the utmost severity including those concerning catastrophic brain and spinal injuries. He recently acted in Govier v Edwards, a £6 million claim concerning a child injured in a car crash, and Brier-Stephenson v Evans, a claim of over £1 million arising out of a motorcycle crash. ‘Dynamic and professional both in negotiation and in court,’ he is ‘a superb advocate, who is as good as any QC and easy to work with.’ ” Chambers 100 UK Bar