Call 1979 (Gray’s Inn)
Qualifications LLB (Bucks)
Professional Memberships Financial Services Lawyers Association
Arbitration Robin sits as an arbitrator primarily in commercial and construction disputes
Mediation Robin sits as a mediator
Robin acts for developers, property earners, contractors and joint venture partners in a wide range of commercial disputes. His construction cases include disputes arising out of the defective design, management or construction of new or refurbished buildings, some involving professional negligence claims against engineers, surveyors, architects and project managers. He regularly appears in the TCC, and before Arbitrators and Adjudicators.
Examples of his recent work include:
- Arbitration arising out of disputed sub-soil conditions in respect of a contract for the sale of land .
Robin acts in partnership and shareholder disputes, the vast majority of which are resolved through arbitration and mediation.
Robin’s construction cases involve professional negligence claims against engineers, surveyors, architects and project managers, and more recently Solicitors, in the field of development agreements and joint ventures.
Robin primarily acts in the resolution of disputes in the context of property sale and development agreements. Many of these disputes are resolved through arbitration or mediation.
Robin’s practice is focused on the resolution of commercial, construction, property-related and partnership disputes, through litigation, arbitration or mediation. His commercial cases frequently arise out of joint venture relationships or partnerships, contractual disagreements and commercial agencies, in addition to disputes in the arena of financial services. His construction cases typically arise out of the defective design, management or construction of new or refurbished buildings, some involving professional negligence against engineers, surveyors, architects and project managers. His property disputes predominantly arise out of sale contracts and development agreements.
Robin Neill was called to the Bar in June 1979, and practised from Chambers in Gray’s Inn Square. Having switched professions, he became a Partner in the Construction and Arbitration Group at Clifford Chance in 1991. He was appointed a Solicitor Advocate in 1996. He moved to Bristol in 2000, and became a partner in Bevan Brittan (formerly Bevan Ashford), before returning to the Bar in 2005.
Robin has appeared in numerous commercial arbitrations (both international and domestic) in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Examples of his work include:
- ICC Arbitration  – successfully acting for a claimant (commercial agent) in ICC arbitration against a German Principal and covering an award in success of £11.5 million.
- Arbitration  1 Ll Rep 480 – involving a dispute between a Middle Eastern finance house and an Indian company in respect of the recovery of monies loaned through an Islamic financing scheme. Subsequent challenge of the Award in the High Court successfully defeated.
- Arbitration involving a US$9million dispute between a European bank and a pharmaceutical company in respect of a disputed valuation under a share-sale agreement of the shares in a recently privatised company in Central Europe.
- Arbitration  against engineers and surveyors arising out of the valuation of land based on a false assessment of sub-soil conditions.