Venue: MS Teams
These webinars will be split into 3 one hour long morning sessions. They will be live and have two speakers each week with a live Q&A at the end of each webinar.
To receive the link for all of these webinars, please email [email protected]
You do not need a Microsoft Teams account to join.
Each webinar will be one hour long with two 20 minute talks and 20 minutes at the end for live discussion and Q&A.
- Webinar 1: Wednesday 2nd September
Dwelling on dwellings and opther permitted things – a Government initiative too far? – PW DEVELOPMENT and the GPDO and UCO
Peter Wadsley, Head of Public & Administrative Practice Group
The Planning White Paper – The Brave New World…in a nut shell – TL White Paper Critique
Timothy Leader, Barrister
- Webinar 2: Wednesday 9th September
Property damage update relating to highways, flooding and trees
James Marwick, Barrister
Town and Village Greens from Newhaven to Lancashire – Are Local Authorities Off the Hook? – LBQC Notes
Leslie Blohm QC,Head of Commercial and Chancery
RECORDING AVAILABLE VIA EMAIL
- Webinar 3: Wednesday 30th September
Licensing lockdown and release: responses to alcohol regulation
Prof Roy Light, Barrister
UK subsidy control after Brexit: implications for local authorities
Matthew O’Regan, Barrister
Location: Microsoft Teams
The training is CPD accredited and FREE, it is aimed primarily at paralegals, trainees and newly qualified solicitors/CILEX but more senior JLD members are welcome if they would benefit from a refresher.
- Overview of instructing Counsel | Marcus Coates-Walker, Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Barrister
- Avoiding bad briefs and Building Relationships with Counsel | Natasha Dzameh, Commercial & Chancery Barrister & Sophie Smith-Holland, Family Barrister
- Remote working, booking Counsel and the back sheet | Robert Bocock, Commercial & Chancery Practice Manager
There will be a live Q&A sections at the end of the webinar, we hope you can join us!
To book your place please RSVP to [email protected]
Note: you do not need an MS teams account to attend.
Venue: St John's Chambers, 101 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6PU
Bristol JLD and St John’s Chambers are pleased to invite you to their Instructing Counsel Seminar on Tuesday, 13 November 2018 from 5.30 pm – 7.00 pm at St John’s Chambers, 101 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6PU.