Very approachable and good to work with… provides sound advice that leaves no stone unturned.”
Chancery, Probate & Tax
Adam is a very experienced commercial barrister who is regularly instructed in complex and high value cases.
Adam began life at the Bar advising and assisting a hub of Welsh Local Authorities in relation to public procurement contracts worth circa £300,000,000. During this time he worked with various teams from large commercial organisations in relation to complicated and intricate contracts. This gave him real insight in relation to client needs and concerns in the commercial landscape.
Further, before coming to the Bar he spent time working in a management consultancy in London which gave him exposure to various large and very large businesses and the fundamentals of how to run a company.
In practice, he has significant experience across a variety of commercial areas. A selection of his more interesting commercial cases includes the following:
- Acting in a tricky company law matter involving a shareholder dispute concerning the allegedly irregular creation of new share capital;
- Acting in a case which turned on the nature of a registered incorporated association (i.e. a non-company incorporated body) and the consequences of its dissolution in unusual circumstances;
- Advising on a statutory construction issue in the context of the Insurance Act 2015;
- Advising in an involved partnership case which entailed disentangling partnership funds still held by a partnership many years after a relevant partner’s death;
- Successfully enforcing an adjudicator’s decision in respect of a construction dispute, which was also (unusually) held to be binding on a relevant guarantor;
- Acting in an involved farm property dispute, in which the ownership of the relevant farm was being contested on trusts-based, partnership-based, and TOLATA-based analyses;
- Various cases involving property damage and/or business interruption in the context of commercial tenancies.
Adam deals with all manner of commercial cases and is regularly instructed in cases which raise difficult or esoteric points of law.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Property Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Cantab) Cambridge University (Philosophy)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction)
- Bar Professional Training Course (Outstanding)
- Buchanan Prize
- New Court Chambers Prize
- Lord Denning Scholarship
- Lord Brougham Scholarship
- Hardwicke Entrance Award