Anna is adept at handling matters involving fraud, including phantom passenger, as well as staged or fictional accident claims. She additionally demonstrates considerable expertise in fundamental dishonesty matters. Symington assists both claimants and defendants. ‘She is very quick to get to the point and shows great attention to detail. Her advice is always straightforward.’ ”
Anna acts for Insurers in all aspects of fraud related to personal injury claims. She is preferred Counsel for one major Insurer in all their Casualty claims. Anna deals with:
- Exaggerated injury claims
- Phantom passenger claims
- Staged and semi-staged accidents
- Ringed fraud
- Holiday sickness
Examples of cases include:
- Acting for an Insurer in a fraudulent Casualty claim where the digital images of the accident locus were taken hours before the accident. Successfully obtained an FD finding following Claimant’s discontinuance.
- Acting for several Insurers in suspected linked fraudulent claims arising out of trip accidents in a particular area of the country.
- Acting for an Insurer in an RTA suspected never to have occurred. C discontinued part way through the trial following cross examination.
- Acting for an Insurer in a fraudulent claim brought following a staged bus accident.
- Acting for a well known travel company in a holiday sickness claim where the claimant discontinued at the door of court.
- Junior Counsel to the Crown (2007) and re-appointed (2012 until 2017)
- Personal Injury Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB (Dunelm) Inner Temple Bursary award winner