He was just a huge support. He worked extremely hard and was always available when I needed him. He is also very good with clients.”
In clinical negligence Christopher acts for claimants and defendants (NHSLA), often involving babies with birth injuries and often compounded by breaches of duty in healthcare following the initial trauma. Across the legal directories he is listed as a leader in personal injury and clinical negligence.
Recent cases include:
- Chloe Dolby (by litigation friend – Amber Dolby) v University Hospital of Leicester NHS Trust
Cerebral Palsy case, £Multimillion compensation claim successfully argued.
- Simon Barnett v Medway NHS Trust Kent
A misdiagnosis and failure to discover a spinal abscess leading to paralysis.
- Martha Richardson-Rudd (by litigation friend – Helen Richardson) v Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Cerebral Palsy case, child has terrible injuries and a massive dependency.
- Maria Michael v Barnet & Chase Farm Hospitals NHS Trust
A Cerebral Palsy case, over 10 years, £Multimillion claim. Liability and quantum eventually compromised, although challenged.
- Paula Maxfield v Medway NHS Trust and Kings College NHS Foundation Trust
Spinal injury, £Multiple millions compensation, complex liabilities and quantum compromised.
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- Chambers & Partners Lifetime Achievement Award (2015)