Having completed pupillage at St John’s under the experienced supervision of Abigail Bond, Iain is rapidly developing a strong private law children practice. He has represented parents in applications for child arrangements, specific issue and prohibited steps orders from first appointments through to final hearings. He has experience handling issues including residence and contact, drug and alcohol use, section 7 and section 37 reports, and domestic abuse. Iain is also familiar with applications for non-molestation and occupation orders.
Recent work include:
- S v B (2017). Assisted as junior counsel in a long-running private law to advise on incipient public law proceedings arising from a s.37 direction.
- M v W (2017). Represented a father at final hearing who successfully sought a change of residence, in a case in which the local authority was considering issuing proceedings should there be no change.
- G v E (2017). Final hearing of an application for a specific issue order to determine children’s secondary education.
- Family Law Bar Association
- Association Member of Resolution
Qualifications & awards:
- BPTC (Bristol Institute of Legal Practice (UWE)) – Outstanding; GDL (University of Plymouth) – Distinction; MA History (Harvard University, USA); BA History (Balliol College, University of Oxford) – First Class
- Princess Royal Scholarship, Inner Temple; GDL Exhibition, Inner Temple; Faculty of Business and Law Prize for highest overall marks (BPTC); Sweet & Maxwell Vocational Law Prize for highest marks (GDL); Newman Scholarship and Exhibition in History, Balliol College, Oxford