Having completed pupillage at St John’s under the experienced supervision of Abigail Bond, Iain has gained experience in a wide range of public law children matters. He has appeared for parents and local authorities at ICO, case management, issues resolution and final hearings at which supervision, care and placement orders have been sought. He has also acted in short-notice applications for Interim Care Orders and Emergency Protection Orders.
Recent work includes:
- Re G (2017). Represented a father through to contested final hearing in which the main issue was whether there had been a change of circumstances following recently concluded proceedings in respect of two older children.
- Re A (2017). Appeared for prospective special guardians in whose favour orders had been made in respect of all but one child, for whom the local authority supported placement for adoption despite a positive SG assessment. The local authority ultimately changed its care plan and supported an SGO in respect of the youngest child.
- Family Law Bar Association
- Association Member of Resolution
Qualifications & awards:
- BPTC (Bristol Institute of Legal Practice (UWE)) – Outstanding; GDL (University of Plymouth) – Distinction; MA History (Harvard University, USA); BA History (Balliol College, University of Oxford) – First Class
- Princess Royal Scholarship, Inner Temple; GDL Exhibition, Inner Temple; Faculty of Business and Law Prize for highest overall marks (BPTC); Sweet & Maxwell Vocational Law Prize for highest marks (GDL); Newman Scholarship and Exhibition in History, Balliol College, Oxford