Jody advises and represents claimants and defendants in professional negligence actions arising in his specialist areas. This frequently involves claims by disappointed beneficiaries who have not received a legacy after the death of a loved one or relative due to a failure by a solicitor to prepare a will in time, or where a will has been found to be invalid. Jody has also acted in claims against family solicitors, where negligence is alleged in the settling of financial proceedings after a divorce.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP, Full Member)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Family Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- 2011 STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates
- 2005 BVC & CPE, Inns of Court School of Law
- 2002 MA in Modern History, Distinction, University of York
- 2001 BA (Hons.) in History, First Class, Bristol University.
2004 Inner Temple Major Scholar (BVC)
- 2003 Inner Temple Major Scholar (CPE)
- 2001 George Hare Leonard Prize from Bristol University for best degree in year