Nick has a good way of thinking through legal problems and coming up with good arguments in difficult cases. ‘His black letter legal knowledge is fantastic; he’s exceptionally well read and up to date.’ “
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Nick has extensive experience of acting in international and offshore litigation, both before English courts and arbitral tribunals and overseas. He has particular experience of litigation in or associated with the Channel Islands but has also acted in litigation or arbitration in a variety of overseas jurisdictions, including the Cayman Islands, Anguilla, Panama, Miami, New York, Colorado, Switzerland, Austria, Paris, the Ukraine, Russia, Dubai, Malaysia and Singapore.
Nick has provided expert evidence as to the content of English law to foreign courts and is a contributing author to the Lexis Nexis PSL service, having authored a number of practice notes and precedents in the field of private international law.
Nick also lectures international arbitration to undergraduate and postgraduate students at the University of Bristol.
- Senior Associate Tutor of Law, University of Bristol (2012)
- Contributing author to the Lexis Nexis PSL service, Private International Law (2014)
- Commercial Bar Association
- Chancery Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB (University of Bristol) – First-Class Honours, BVC – Outstanding
- Lord Mansfield and Harwicke Scholar, Herbert Smith LLP Prize, Tom Glanville Jones Prize