Oliver represents parents in applications for Child Arrangements, Specific Issue and Prohibited Steps Orders. He has also acted on behalf of the Children’s Guardian. Oliver appears at all stages of the court process, from first appointments through to contested final hearings.
Oliver also represents applicants and respondents within Family Law Act 1996 applications for non-molestation and occupation orders.
Recent examples of work:
- N v N – fact-finding hearing representing a party facing allegations of rape.
- A v T – final hearing representing an applicant who lives outside the jurisdiction. Successfully obtained a Specific Issue Order in relation to the child’s surname due to concerns accepted in respect of the respondent.
- G v W – opinion considering the prospects of an application to change a child’s surname.
- P v P – final hearing representing the Children’s Guardian.
Qualifications & awards:
- BPTC (UWE), LLM Commercial Law (Birmingham) – Distinction (1st in Year), LLB (Cardiff)
- Marshall Hall Trust Award (Inner Temple); BPTC Outstanding Prize (Inner Temple); Tutors Prize (UWE); Criminal Litigation, Evidence Prize &
- Sentencing Prize (UWE); Civil Litigation & Evidence Prize (UWE); LLM Scholarship (University of Birmingham).