Attention to detail. Clear analytical skills. Strong advocacy skills.”
Family and Children Law
Olivia acts on behalf of parents and children (separately or by their Guardians) in private law cases, particularly those involving complex child arrangements disputes. She appears in cases where there are serious safeguarding concerns necessitating fact-finding hearings.
She also acts in proceedings under the Family Law Act 1996, including applications for occupation orders and non-molestation orders.
Olivia’s areas of expertise include cases involving allegations of sexual abuse perpetrated against both children and adults, non-accidental injury and domestic abuse; implacable hostility to contact and parental alienation; risk of abduction; relocation cases; and enforcement of private law orders.
Olivia accepts instructions directly from members of the public, where appropriate. Recent cases in which she has acted on a direct access basis include:
- Representation of a mother alleged to be implacably hostile to contact in an intractable dispute.
- Representation of a father in private law proceedings involving allegations that he physically assaulted the child necessitating a fact-finding hearing.
- Representation of a father in a dispute over child maintenance payments.
- Family Law Bar Association
- Middle Temple
- Wales and Chester Circuit
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- Bar Vocational Course (2008: Centre for Professional Legal Studies, Cardiff) LLB Law (2004 – 2007: Cardiff University)
Olivia studied at Cardiff University, completing a law degree in 2007 and the Bar Vocational Course in 2008. She volunteered as a legal adviser at the Citizens Advice Bureau and worked at a civil and criminal firm of solicitors in Cardiff before commencing her pupillage in 2009.