Rachel was fantastic, she was very clear on what she needed from me and I felt encouraged after speaking with her. I will definitely be instructing her in the future and thank you again.”
Rachel is a personal injury barrister with a developing practice in travel abroad cases. She has been instructed on matters involving the Package Tour Regulations.
Recent work includes:
- Advising in a holiday sickness claim.
- Advising on jurisdictional issues in an accident on a holiday abroad.
- Drafting pleadings for a claimant injured in a tripping accident on a package holiday.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Women Lawyers’ Division
- Member of the Western Circuit
- Member of the Western Circuit’s Women’s Forum
Qualifications & awards:
- BPTC (Nottingham Law School) – very competent (top in year in commercial litigation and employment litigation)
- Grad LLB (Nottingham Law School) – first class
- GDL (University of Plymouth) – distinction
- PhD (Newcastle University)
- PGCertHE (Open University)
- MA by research (University of Leeds)
- BA (Hons) in Music with English Literature (University of Leeds)
Before training for the Bar, Rachel was a full-time academic for many years, lecturing in musicology and specialising in Golden Era Hollywood film scoring and latterly working in Higher Education Policy Research. She is a recognised expert on the composer Franz Waxman (a particular focus of her PhD) on whom she has contributed a range of publications, including a Composer of the Week series for BBC Radio 3. She was until recently a professional classical cellist and singer.