Quick, thorough and practical in his written advice and a powerful advocate in court.”
Tim is a heavyweight advocate with a substantial personal injury and clinical negligence practice. He undertakes an extensive range of multi-track personal injury and clinical negligence cases including catastrophic brain and spinal injury, high value and fatal claims and accidents resulting in death.
He also handles a high volume of cerebral palsy and birth injury cases. His knowledge of the law and his skill in court have been described as outstanding. He has an ability to process complex information and express his conclusions in a clear and logical manner.
Recent cases have included claims involving:
- Obstetric and gynaecological injuries
- Catastrophic failures of laparoscopic surgery and management of laparoscopic injuries
- Failures to diagnose and treat cancer
- Negligent management and/or surgery in cases of orthopaedic and musculo-skeletal injury
- Cauda equina syndrome
- GP, dental and opthalmic negligence
Tim regularly gives lectures and seminars on legal topics with an emphasis on practical aspects of legal practice.
Tim sits as a Recorder in the County and Crown Courts. He is a past President of the Bristol Medico-Legal Society.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Oxon)