Rob is now entering his 4th decade as a clerk. Having started his career in the Temple, he moved to St John’s in 2005. He is responsible for the operational and strategic development of the Commercial and Chancery Practice Group as well as marketing, business development and the overall smooth running of the team, ensuring clients are provided with a first class service.
He is a member of the LPMA and a qualified member of the Institute of Barrister’s Clerks. As a former elected member of the Management Board of the IBC, he chaired the 2012 Annual Conference. He is an accredited Mediator. In addition he sits on various court user groups, attends judicial liaison meetings and has close links with the Bristol Civil Justice Centre. He is also a former LEA (Local Education Authority) appointed school governor.
- “The clerks are commercial, practical and most importantly, quick. In particular, Simon Lyons, who is extremely helpful, Paul Nuttall, who is very efficient, and Rob Bocock who runs the team, are excellent. The clerks team at St Johns makes it easy to use this set.” The Legal 500, 2024
- “Rob Bocock is a star clerk.” The Legal 500, 2023
- “The clerks are understanding and responsive, and are always happy to look for a solution to any issue that might arise.” “They always provide a very good service with prompt and helpful responses.” Legal 500, 2023
- The clerks, particularly Paul Bennett, practice team leader, Simon Lyons, practice team leader, and Rob Bocock, practice manager, are exceptional. They are responsive, accommodating and will always go above and beyond to provide the best possible service.” Chambers UK, 2023
- “Rob Bocock is always on hand to answer queries and pick up instructions. The clerking team as a whole works well together so there is a seamless service even if a particular clerk is unavailable.”
The Legal 500, 2021