A market-leading set on the Western Circuit, St John's Chambers is well regarded for its formidable personal injury offering."
Our Personal Injury team is recognised nationally as a leader in personal injury litigation, consistently providing a full range of knowledge and expertise in this specialist field.
With four QCs and over twenty personal injury barristers we are one of the largest and most established personal injury teams in the South West. In addition to their reputation as highly professional expert lawyers, the team is known for its direct and approachable manner.
We provide a comprehensive and professional service to clients, both lay and professional, and act on behalf of both claimants and defendants. We are instructed by a broad range of bodies, from insurance companies to trades union and local authorities, as well as by individuals direct, and through their solicitors. We are panel or preferred Chambers for several major insurers.
Areas of expertise:
- Catastrophic injury, including spinal and brain injury, and ensuing payment structures
- Chronic pain conditions in all their forms including fibromyalgia, chronic widespread pain, chronic pain syndrome, somatic disorders, and complex regional pain syndrome
- Claims arising out of historical sexual abuse
- Employers’ liability including stress at work
- Equine and other animal accidents
- Fatal accidents
- Highways claims
- Industrial disease including NIHL, VWF and asbestosis/mesothelioma
- Inquests including Article 2 hearings
- Insurance issues/indemnity
- Motorcycle accidents
- Occupiers’ and public liability
- Personal injury fraud
- Product liability
- Road traffic accidents
- Travel – accidents abroad, maritime accidents
Our knowledgeable personal injury clerks are renowned for being extremely helpful and accommodating.
Conditional Fee Agreement
Members undertake work on a Conditional Fee basis. Upon acceptance of the instructions, a Conditional Fee Agreement will be drawn up. This agreement incorporates the standard terms agreed between APIL and PIBA which are available here.
We design and deliver many seminars and workshops and are always happy to provide bespoke training to meet your team’s individual needs. Please contact Annette Bushell, Practice Manager, to discuss the extensive portfolio of workshops and bespoke seminars that we offer clients.