Jonathan has a practice covering all areas of personal injury litigation, including RTAs, Occupiers’/Public/Employers’ Liability, Defective Premises, Product Liability, and he has a particular interest in claims involving Credit Hire (in which he has appeared at appellate level), Highways Act claims, and claims where there are allegations of fundamental dishonesty. Jonathan also has experience in the field of NIHL claims, particularly with regard to limitation issues. Jonathan is fully conversant with all costs provisions in personal injury claims, from Portal claims to budgeting considerations at CCMC.
He has built a busy practice, regularly appearing in the County Court across the Western Circuit (and further) on a wide range of matters. He enjoys good relationships with his clients, and is sympathetic to their needs, particularly where costs recovery is limited. He provides a well-considered, professional, and approachable service to his clients, and is happy to accept instructions on a CFA basis in appropriate cases.
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Oxon), Jurisprudence (The Queen’s College, University of Oxford)
- BPTC (Nottingham Law School) – Outstanding
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Inter-Provider Mooting Competition Winner, Lincoln’s Inn
- Advocacy Prize for highest overall marks in Advocacy Assessments, Nottingham Law School
- Norton Rose Fulbright Prize for the Highest Marks in Company Law, University of Oxford
Jonathan studied Jurisprudence at The Queen’s College, Oxford, before completing his BPTC at Nottingham Law School. Jonathan has previously worked as an Assistant to a Barrister in Nottingham and as a volunteer in a local solicitor’s firm in Brighton.
Jonathan is a big sporting fan, and a keen supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion. He plays the saxophone and guitar, and enjoys travelling.