Georgina is currently building a broad practice; undertaking work in all areas of law within the Commercial and Chancery team.
During her pupillage and since joining Chambers as a tenant, Georgina has acted in, and advised upon, a variety of matters including insolvency proceedings, such as bankruptcy and winding up petitions; sale of goods and supply of services disputes; subsidence and other property damage claims and residential possession proceedings. She has also made and resisted various procedural applications. From a chancery perspective, Georgina has been instructed on claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family Dependents) Act 1975, breach of trust claims and applications to remove executors.
- Student member of CIArb
Qualifications & awards:
- University of Law (London) – BPTC (VC)
- University College London (UCL) – LLM in International Commercial Law (Distinction) (Highest overall mark in her specialisation, ranked sixth overall in her cohort)
- University of Bristol – LLB (2.1)
- Full Exhibition Award BPTC Scholarship – The Inner Temple
- BPTC Advocacy Scholarship – The University of Law (London)
- Academic Achievement Award for the highest mark in the drafting examination – The University of Law
- Mayor’s Commendation for voluntary work with the British Red Cross
Whilst undertaking her LLM at UCL, Georgina worked as a Research Assistant to her dissertation supervisor focusing on commercial and maritime law. During the BPTC year she was employed as a tutor to LLB and LLM students; tutoring in areas such as contract, commercial, shipping and arbitration law. In the year between graduating from the Bar course and commencing pupillage, Georgina worked as an Advocate for a company acting on behalf of families; appearing at appeal panels at local Clinical Commissioning Groups and NHS England.
In her spare time Georgina enjoys volunteering with the British Red Cross doing emergency response work with Avon and Somerset Fire & Rescue Service.