Local Government Law Conference
Starts: 9:25 am
Ends: 3:30 pm
Location: St John's Chambers, 101 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6PU
Cost: £40 + VAT (£48)
CPD points: 4
Who should attend?
St John’s Chambers’ Public & Administrative Law team are hosting their 7th annual local government law conference in Bristol.
Local authority legal teams face increasingly complex legislative provisions with an avalanche of new guidance, case law and legislation. Challenges to their decisions continue unabated. And all in a time of seemingly never ending budgetary pressure. This one day conference provides the opportunity to explore and receive expert views on a number of topical issues faced by legal teams in local government across the country.
- Compulsory purchase and compensation in light of the Neighbourhood Planning Act 2017
- Noise, caravans and chaos: A look at enforcement and injunctions in local government practice
- State aid update and what may happen after Brexit
- Natural nuisances and the liability that may follow
- Judicial Review update
- Recovering costs in licensing appeals
- Can Village Green Registration Authorities disagree with the advice of their Inspectors?
The aim is to equip delegates with the latest developments in some central areas of their work and practice in order to assist them in their daily work. And while there is no such thing as a free lunch, the course at £40 per delegate comes pretty close.Download PDF