TCC and TECBAR 2020 construction conference – Bristol
Starts: 3:00 pm
Ends: 7:30 pm
Venue: Burges Salmon
Location: One Glass Wharf, Bristol, BS2 0ZX
Who should attend?
A joint conference arranged by the Technology and Construction Bar Association (TECBAR) and the Technology and Construction Court (TCC) which is part of the Business and Property Courts of England and Wales. This conference will be of an interest to anyone involved in construction law.
Delegates will hear from a Specialist Judge of the TCC, a solicitor from EDF Energy working in the Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C New Nuclear business, a quantum expert from Base Quantum involved in national and international dispute resolution and a Barrister who is also a construction industry Adjudicator, Arbitrator and Mediator.
- Rachel Ansell QC – Chair of TECBAR
- HHJ Russen QC– Specialist Judge, Technology and Construction Court
- Duncan Hughes – CEO, Base Quantum Limited
- Stephen Ovenden – Senior Principal Solicitor, HPC & Nuclear Development Legal, EDF Energy
- Andrew Kearney– Head of Construction & Engineering, St Johns Chambers
Topics covered during this forum will include:
- The interface between Part 8, adjudication and injunctive relief.
- Sampling – cost saving innovation or another reason for inter-party strife? A quantum expert’s perspective.
- The world’s biggest crane, two million lunches and cake for 6,000. Just another day at Hinkley Point C.
- S&T v Grove: Did the Court Appeal get it wrong? The unanswered questions.
No charge for attendance but booking via Eventbrite essential. Click to book your place.Download PDF