Head of Family Practice Group
Call 1996 (Middle Temple)
Qualifications LLB (hons) MPhil (Cantab)
Judi practises in all areas of family law, with a particular specialisation in public law proceedings, removal from the jurisdiction, abduction, international relocation and private children matters.
Judi represents clients in the County Court and High Court and has appeared in the Court of Appeal.
In public law matters Judi has a particular expertise in lengthy care proceedings with complex factual and medical evidence such as factitious illness, sexual abuse, multiple fractures, serious head injuries, inter-generational abuse and complex cultural issues involving allegations of exorcism and spirit possession.
Judi also has an interest in representing learning disabled parents, ensuring their disabilities are fully taken into account with appropriate assessment during proceedings.
Judi represents local authorities, parents, children’s guardian’s and the Official Solicitor.
Court of Protection
Judi advises and represents local authorities, family members and the subject person on all matters including DOLS both in the County and the High Court.
- “A robust and forthright senior barrister who is very approachable. Judi will not be afraid to deliver unwanted news to clients but will always fight their cause.” “Judi Evans is the iron lady who fights the battle relentlessly. I would rather have her on my side than be against her.” Chambers UK, Family/Matrimonial (2018)
- “A formidable and assiduous character.” Legal 500, Family and children law (2017)
- “Judi heads the family practice group at the set, and enjoys a solid reputation for her work in the public sphere, particularly on non-accidental injury cases. She has additional experience acting as a mediator. ‘She has a great rapport with clients and is quick on her feet.’ ” Chambers UK, Family/Matrimonial (2017)
- “Judi will fight a cause to the bitter end.” Legal 500, Family and children law (2016)
- “Judi is recognised for her expertise in private and public children law cases. She has previously been instructed on abduction and relocation issues and also sits as a mediator.” Chambers UK, Family/Matrimonial (2016)
- “Judi practises across public and private family law, with particular expertise in cases of abduction and the international relocation of children. She is commended for her passionate style of advocacy and her commitment to her clients.’ ‘She is a fantastic advocate and a fighter – she will fight for you. She manages to keep the best interests of her client at heart without losing her objectivity.” “She is really tenacious and is involved more than you would usually expect.'” Chambers UK, Family/Matrimonial (2015)
Judi advised and represents local authorities, family members and the subject person on all matters including DOLS both in the County and the High Court.
Judi has practised in the area of planning law since 1996 and has great experience in relation to advising on and/or attending public inquiries in relation to:
- Residential, commercial, agricultural and leisure developments
- Local Plans (housing, employment, landscape, recreation and waste)
She advises and attends Inquiries in relation to the following:
- Listed buildings
- Conservation areas
- Telecommunication Mast Appeals
- Rights of Way
- Enforcement Notice Appeals
Judi also advises clients in the High Court in relation to appeals and judicial review.
Judi receives instructions in matters concerning town and village greens and the law of commons.
Judi practises in all areas of family law.
Judi is qualified to undertake public access work in appropriate cases, for further information, please visit our Public Access page.
Judi has had key involvement in creating and implementing changes to help litigants in person access the Family Justice System, find out more here.