The PIBA Guide to Pension Loss Calculation written by James Rowley QC and our very own Matthew White
27th July 2020
St John’s Chambers is pleased to announce the publication of the PIBA Guide to Pension Loss Calculation written by James Rowley QC and our very own Matthew White. This 152 page book covers all that you might want to know about how to calculate pension loss correctly including:
- the differences between money purchase and defined benefit pension schemes and how to handle them
- dealing with lump sum payments
- the effect of actuarial reduction in the event of retirement before state pension age
- how to handle multipliers and multiplicands based on the 8th edition of the Ogden tables
- example calculations to take you through every element of claiming loss, all based on Ogden-8
- the main terms of all of the major public sector pension defined benefit schemes
This book explains to personal injury lawyers what they need to know to calculate pension loss without the assistance of a pensions expert.
In writing the foreword, Lord Justice Irwin says “This publication calls for compliments, but I am not being merely complimentary in suggesting it will become indispensable.“
If you would like to preview the first few pages of the book, click here
If you would like to instruct Matthew White in a Personal Injury matter, please contact his clerks: [email protected] or 0117 923 4730.