Forensic in his investigation of the key issues in a case, with an in-depth knowledge of his brief.”
Justin’s practice is increasingly orientated towards clinical negligence work. He undertakes work for both claimants and defendants with experience of a wide variety of claims including:
- Birth injury claims
- Neo-natal injury claims
- Allegatations of negligent nursing care
- Psychiatric treatment
- Cosmetic surgery errors
- Misdiagnosis/delay in diagnosis in a variety of clinical areas
- Incorrect prescription
- Negligent dental treatment.
- Surgical injuries.
Recent notable cases include:
- C v County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust (misdiagnosis/failure to diagnose Crohn’s disease). Read the case note here.
- G v NHS Commissioning Trust (claimant suffered Erb’s palsy at birth). Read the case note here.
- W v Betsi Cadwaldr (failure appropriately to treat rejection episode following corneal transplant).
- S v University Hospital of Morecambe Bay (failure to diagnose and then treat infected abdominal aortic aneurysm which led to claimant’s husband’s death).
- A v Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (failure to diagnose pyoderma gangrenosum).
Justin delivered a seminar to NHS Wales, hosted by the Director of Legal & Risk Services on quantum in birth injury claims. Download notes here.
- Personal Injury Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- Bar Vocational Course, University of the West of England
- PG Dip Law, University of the West of England
- BSc Econ (Hons), University College of Swansea
- MSc, Bristol University
- Diplock Scholar
- Recipient of Campbell Foster Prize (awarded to the Middle Templar to come first on the BVC at the University of the West of England)
- Goethe Certificate B2 – German
- Associate of the Royal Schools of Music (Piano Performance Diploma)