Olivia undertakes all aspects of education law, advising and representing local authorities, schools, parents and students at the Special Educational Needs Tribunal for Wales (SENTW), First-Tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability – SENDIST) and County Court. She has experience of cases involving:
- Appeals against refusals to undertake a statutory assessment.
- Appeals against refusals to make a statement of special educational needs following statutory assessment.
- Appeals against parts 2, 3 and 4 of a statement of special educational needs.
- Claims of disability discrimination in relation to a child’s repeated exclusion.
- Family Law Bar Association
- Middle Temple
- Wales and Chester Circuit
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- Bar Vocational Course (2008: Centre for Professional Legal Studies, Cardiff) LLB Law (2004 – 2007: Cardiff University)
Olivia studied at Cardiff University, completing a law degree in 2007 and the Bar Vocational Course in 2008. She volunteered as a legal adviser at the Citizens Advice Bureau and worked at a civil and criminal firm of solicitors in Cardiff before commencing her pupillage in 2009.