Tim has built up an extensive practice over a number of years, the main areas of which concern disputes in these areas:
- Commercial and Chancery
- Civil Fraud and Asset Tracing
- Professional Negligence (principally, solicitors, barristers, auditors/accountants and bankers)
- Banking and Securities
- Equity and Trusts
- Sports Claims
- Partnership and LLP
This has inevitably involved much experience in the interlocutory relief and arbitration spheres.
Most recent cases include:
- A high value breach of warranty claim, in which he represented the Defendant and which was discontinued at an early stage
- A breach of warranty claim following a share sale agreement, which was successfully compromised
- A substantial solicitors’ negligence action, in which he appeared for the Claimant and obtained summary judgment and substantial damages
- A dispute concerning a league cricket club and its future participation in its County League
- A contractual claim against a prominent financial services LLP on behalf of the Claimant, which resulted in a substantial financial settlement.
Additionally, he has been an appointed arbitrator in commercial disputes and qualified, with ADR Chambers in the mid-1990’s, as an accredited mediator.
Tim is also admitted to the Bar of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (Territory of the British Virgin Islands), where he has appeared regularly.
He has been a regular contributor on a variety of sports-related matters on commercial and BBC radio.
- Commercial Bar Association
- London Court of International Arbitration
- Chancery Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB Hons.
- Yarborough Anderson Scholar, 1976
- Palmer Stawell Scholar, 1977