Contentious probate update 2019 – Bath
Starts: 2:00 pm
Ends: 5:20 pm
Venue: Royds Withy King, Midland Bridge House
Cost: £45 + VAT (£54)
CPD points: 2.5
Who should attend?
Royds Withy King and St John’s Chambers Wills & Trusts team are delighted to announce the dates for our Autumn contentious probate update seminars in Oxford (13th November) and Bath (22nd October) in association with Mogers Drewett.
Our annual interactive seminar aims to bring practitioners up to speed with all the latest developments in the world of contentious probate.
It is principally targeted at solicitors who are (or would like to be) involved in contentious probate work, but it would also be of interest to non-contentious lawyers, Will writing firms and professional executors.
Speakers and topics include:
- Welcome and introduction from the Chair
Charles Auld, Barrister, St John’s Chambers
- Proprietary estoppel update in light of the Court of Appeal’s decision in Habberfield
Christopher Jones, Barrister, St John’s Chambers
- When Beddoes applications are, and are not, necessary, in light of Lines v Wilcox
Oliver Wooding, Barrister, St John’s Chambers
- Procedural update, including time limits for seeking permission to appeal in light of MacDonald v Rose, Part 36 offers in light of Knight v. Knight, and the Business and Property Courts disclosure pilot
Amanda Noyce, Partner, Royds Withy King and Luke Watson, Partner, Mogers Drewett
- Round up of the essential case law from the last 12 months
Alex Troup, Head of Wills and Trusts, St John’s Chambers
Full the full programme please click ‘download pdf’ below.Download PDF