Alex is probably the best chancery junior practising in the South West in inheritance and trust disputes. He is approachable, great with clients, measured in his advice and convincing on his feet. ‘Technically excellent, a commanding presence in the courtroom, and works hard to build a rapport and relationship with clients.'”
Alex is ranked as the only star individual on the Western Circuit in chancery matters by Chambers UK. Alex was shortlisted for ‘Junior of the Year’ in the regional category of The Legal 500 UK Awards 2020. Read more here.
He has a thriving chancery practice with a particular emphasis on the following areas:
- Contentious probate and administration of estates
- Property litigation
- Court of Protection
- Associated professional negligence claims
Alex has been consistently recommended as a leading junior in Chambers UK, Legal 500 and Legal Experts.
In previous editions Alex has been described as “highly skilled and approachable, and has good legal and people skills”, a “formidable advocate”, a “star of probates”, “among the most skilful barristers” and as having “a real commercial brain”. Further quotations are set out under the relevant practice areas.
Alex has been trained as a mediator with the London School of Mediation and works both as a mediator and as a representative at mediations. He is one of the panel mediators for the Court of Protection pilot mediation scheme, details of which can be found here.
Alex lectures extensively in his areas of expertise, mainly to firms of solicitors, law societies and specialist organisations.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- The Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Committee member of STEP Bristol Branch.
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Oxon) Literae Humaniores, William Shaw Scholarship and Karmel Award (both Grays Inn)