Alex is a chancery barrister handling cases affecting the farming community, including proprietary estoppel claims, trusts and inheritance matters. ‘He commands a lot of respect but is happy to roll his sleeves up and get stuck in with clients. He also gives clear advice and is an excellent advocate.’ ‘He has carved out a very strong niche for himself in the South West for estoppel and contentious trusts and probate work.’ “
Agriculture and Rural Affairs
Alex is ranked as a “star individual” in chancery matters. He frequently acts for farming clients and is experienced in dealing with a wide range of cases involving agriculture and rural affairs, including in particular property disputes, agricultural tenancies, partnership issues, proprietary estoppel claims, contested wills and probate, and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- The Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Committee member of STEP Bristol Branch.
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Oxon) Literae Humaniores, William Shaw Scholarship and Karmel Award (both Grays Inn)