His calm but authoritative manner makes him ideal for managing difficult situations effectively and in a human way.”
Court of Protection: Property & Affairs
Alex has been described by peers as an exceptional chancery barrister who is adept at handling Court of Protection work. He has been instructed in a wide variety of Court of Protection cases, for the most part involving property and affairs disputes, including in particular contested LPA and deputyship applications, applications for authorisation of inter vivos gifts, statutory wills, and cases involving allegations of financial abuse.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- The Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Committee member of STEP Bristol Branch.
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Oxon) Literae Humaniores, William Shaw Scholarship and Karmel Award (both Grays Inn)