Outstanding junior recognised for his impressive traditional chancery practice. ‘Alex has a well-deserved, excellent reputation in the area of trust and estates disputes. He immediately builds a rapport with clients, quickly identifies the key issues and gives practical, no-nonsense advice.’ ‘He is an excellent and commanding advocate. He is able to make complex legal argument in a succinct and persuasive manner.’ ‘His knowledge is second to none and his gravitas and his authority are way beyond his years.’ “
Alex is ranked as the only “star individual” on the Western Circuit in chancery matters by Chambers UK, and is the Head of the Wills & Trust Practice Group at St John’s Chambers. His practice includes both advisory and contentious work relating to trusts, wills and the administration of estates, including claims based on proprietary estoppel and under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- The Society of Trust and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Committee member of STEP Bristol Branch.
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Oxon) Literae Humaniores, William Shaw Scholarship and Karmel Award (both Grays Inn)