He delivers results and is liked by clients for his mix of great intelligence and humour.”
Family: Matrimonial Finance
Jody is described in Chambers UK as “a very bright guy of singular ability with a massive intellect”. Jody is a specialist private client barrister, and is therefore a member of both the wills, trusts & tax and financial remedy teams at St John’s Chambers.
Jody is a popular matrimonial finance practitioner, and is often instructed in financial remedy cases that involve complicating factors (such as trusts, international issues, or third party interests). Jody is also renowned for his expertise in the Child Support Act, being the author of a text book on the subject.
Jody is well known for his experience in disputes concerning wills, trusts, and probate. Jody is a full member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), having passed all four of the exams in one sitting. Due to his rare crossover expertise, Jody is often the first choice for Inheritance Act cases and disputes between cohabitees (proprietary estoppel).
Jody has long experience representing clients in acrimonious disputes between family members and achieving settlement where appropriate, or litigating where settlement is not possible.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP, Full Member)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Family Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- 2011 STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates
- 2005 BVC & CPE, Inns of Court School of Law
- 2002 MA in Modern History, Distinction, University of York
- 2001 BA (Hons.) in History, First Class, Bristol University.
2004 Inner Temple Major Scholar (BVC)
- 2003 Inner Temple Major Scholar (CPE)
- 2001 George Hare Leonard Prize from Bristol University for best degree in year