Jody delivers results and is liked by clients for his mix of great intelligence and humour.”
Family: Matrimonial Finance
Jody is nationally known for his expertise in child support and the Child Support Act 1991. Jody has been dealing with the Child Maintenance Service, and its previous incarnations the CSA and CMEC for many years and is able to bring a level of understanding of their practices and procedures that is almost unique. As a matrimonial practitioner, Jody also can advise on the complicated interaction of the powers of the Family Court and the powers of the CMS.
Jody regularly appears before the First Tier Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal in child support cases. Jody represents both paying parties (non resident parents) and receiving parents (persons with care). He is the author of the section on child support in a leading text book.
He is often instructed by solicitors faced with difficult child support situations, and in appropriate cases can also be instructed directly by clients through the public access scheme.
He is described in the leading directory, Chambers UK, as ‘a very bright guy of singular ability with a massive intellect’.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP, Full Member)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Family Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- 2011 STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates
- 2005 BVC & CPE, Inns of Court School of Law
- 2002 MA in Modern History, Distinction, University of York
- 2001 BA (Hons.) in History, First Class, Bristol University.
2004 Inner Temple Major Scholar (BVC)
- 2003 Inner Temple Major Scholar (CPE)
- 2001 George Hare Leonard Prize from Bristol University for best degree in year