Jody is stellar in advising clients on the complexities of child maintenance matters.”
DIVORCE & FINANCIAL REMEDY
Jody is regularly instructed by both husbands and wives to advise and represent them in financial proceedings resulting from divorce. Jody regularly advises in complex cases involving trust funds, international issues, farms and family businesses.
Jody is well known for his experience in disputes over the ownership of property between unmarried cohabitants. In ‘the park bench case’ Ely v Robson  EWCA Civ 774,  1 FLR 1704, Jody represented the successful party before the Court of Appeal in a long running dispute about the ownership of property. Jody is equally happy litigating under either the Family Procedure Rules (FPR) or the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR) and will settle proceedings for family solicitors unfamiliar with the CPR.
Jody is renowned for his knowledge of the law concerning child maintenance and the Child Maintenance Service (CSA/CMS/CMEC), and is the author of one of the main practitioner texts on the topic. Jody has appeared on many occasions both before the First Tier and Upper Tribunal: Social Entitlement Chamber (formerly the Child Support Appeal Tribunal and the Commissioners). Jody often undertakes CSA cases on a public access basis.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP, Full Member)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Family Law Bar Association
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- 2011 STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates
- 2005 BVC & CPE, Inns of Court School of Law
- 2002 MA in Modern History, Distinction, University of York
- 2001 BA (Hons.) in History, First Class, Bristol University.
2004 Inner Temple Major Scholar (BVC)
- 2003 Inner Temple Major Scholar (CPE)
- 2001 George Hare Leonard Prize from Bristol University for best degree in year