Jonathan has experience of a wide range of Clinical Negligence matters, including cases of failed/late diagnosis, consent, operative techniques, dental negligence and many others. He has drafted a wide variety of pleadings for Claimants and Defendants, including Part 20 claims (including contribution claims), as well as other papers in various applications and interim matters.
Jonathan takes a keen interest in medicine, and is comfortable dealing with large volumes of medical records, expert evidence, and is recognises that often in clinical negligence quick turnaround of paperwork is key. He is happy to undertake work on a CFA basis in appropriate cases.
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- MA (Oxon), Jurisprudence (The Queen’s College, University of Oxford)
- BPTC (Nottingham Law School) – Outstanding
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln’s Inn
- Hardwicke Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
- Inter-Provider Mooting Competition Winner, Lincoln’s Inn
- Advocacy Prize for highest overall marks in Advocacy Assessments, Nottingham Law School
- Norton Rose Fulbright Prize for the Highest Marks in Company Law, University of Oxford
Jonathan studied Jurisprudence at The Queen’s College, Oxford, before completing his BPTC at Nottingham Law School. Jonathan has previously worked as an Assistant to a Barrister in Nottingham and as a volunteer in a local solicitor’s firm in Brighton.
Jonathan is a big sporting fan, and a keen supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion. He plays the saxophone and guitar, and enjoys travelling.