Kayleigh joins our Commercial and Chancery team as a pupil under the supervision of Charlie Newington-Bridges.
Prior to pupillage, Kayleigh worked for a legal expenses insurer advising on the prospects of success of their insured’s claims. Kayleigh also previously worked for a commercial law firm in Cardiff, where she worked closely with a Partner on a high-value, complex civil fraud matter.
During her BPTC, Kayleigh volunteered for The Leasehold Advisory Service preparing case summaries for publication on their website. Whilst studying for her LLM, Kayleigh was a research assistant to a commercial and chancery barrister practicing in London, writing his academic / practical articles for publication. Kayleigh also worked as a research assistant for York Law School on a project which involved the collection of samples and the study of the length of, and citation rate in judgments over a 50-year period.
During her undergraduate degree, Kayleigh was employed by the Widening Participation Initiative to teach Law Summer Schools and taster sessions to encourage students from diverse backgrounds to enter higher education. Kayleigh also founded York Bar Society, where she helped to ensure that aspiring barristers of the university were supported and provided specific training and opportunities relevant to the Bar career path.
- ‘An Exploration of Backwards Tracing: Doctrine, Theory and Practice’ Trusts and Trustees, Oxford Journals  23(2):227-241
- ‘Not so secret agents’ The Procurement and Outsourcing Journal  Sep / Oct 14-17
- ‘A walk in the park’ The Commercial Litigation Journal  Nov / Dec
- ‘1975 Inheritance Act: Judge finds daughters seek to deceive Deceased’s partner about Will – Taylor v Redmond and others ’ Lexology, Feb 2018 (assisting author)
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB Law, University of York, First Class Honours
- LLM Law, Christs College, University of Cambridge
- BPTC, BPP Bristol, VC
- Queen Mother Scholarship, The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Harmsworth Scholarship, The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Highest scoring student across all BPP centres for cross examination, BPP
- Excellence Scholarship, BPP
- Advocacy Scholarship, BPP
- Pro Bono Scholarship, BPP
- Michael Sherrard Scholar, The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Pegasus Scholar, The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Best in Year for Equity and Trusts, York Law School
- Best in Year for Family Law, York Law School
- Citizenship Award, York Law School
Kayleigh enjoys anything historical but has special interests in military / naval history, maritime history generally and marine archaeology. Kayleigh is an advocate for social mobility. She is always keen to become involved in any activity, event or initiative designed to encourage those from non-traditional backgrounds to enter higher education and professions that have social barriers.