Jack has recently started his specialist commercial and chancery pupillage under the supervision of Nick Pointon.
During the year between his LLB and Masters studies, Jack worked in the international buying department of a large UK business and later as an analyst at JPMorgan. In his role within Middle Office, Jack focussed on the booking and settlement of equity and convertible bond trades across global markets. As a fluent German speaker, he was a point of contact for major financial institutions based in Frankfurt, Vienna, and Zürich.
Whilst at University, Jack was involved with pro bono projects in the UK and further afield. In 2017, Jack won funding to intern in Kenya where he assisted advocates in the preparation of a trusts matter concerning Africa’s largest urban slum.
Jack recently helped produce guidance on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme for employees impacted by the consequences of the pandemic in England and Wales.
Qualifications & awards:
- LLB (Hons) Law and German – First Class Honours – Cardiff University
- Austrian Law (Erasmus) – Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck
- LLM in Comparative and European Private Law – University of Edinburgh
- BPTC – VC – BPP University (Bristol)
- Lord Denning Scholar – Lincoln’s Inn (2019)
- Excellence Scholar – BPP (2019)
- Ewan Cameron Scholar – Edinburgh Law School (LLM Academic Scholarship) (2018)
- The Geldards Prize for Highest Overall Performing Student across the ‘Law and Language’ Cohort (2017)
- Mollie Williams Prize for Highest Result in Written German (2017)
- Martha Gillespie Prize for Outstanding Achievement in First Year Examinations (2014)
Jack grew up in the South West and enjoys cooking, hiking, and travelling. During his year abroad in the Tirolean Alps, he also took the opportunity to improve his skiing and (more successfully) his German language skills.