Very bright and always comes up with practical solutions.”
COMMERCIAL, BANKING, INSOLVENCY AND CHANCERY LAW
Michael is a commercial and chancery barrister specialising in:
- Wills, trusts, probate and inheritance (including private client taxation and TOLATA)
- Professional negligence in any of his areas of expertise including in relation to negligent tax advice
- Commercial and contractual disputes
Before coming to the Bar, Michael served as helicopter aircrew in the Royal Air Force for 6 years and as a police officer for 10 years. He was a solicitor in the law firm Burges Salmon LLP where he practised between 2002 and 2009.
In appropriate cases Michael will undertake work via public access.
- Senior Associate Teacher, University of Bristol, Law of Trusts
- Junior Counsel to the Crown 2015 to 2020
Qualifications & awards:
- University of Bristol – First Class (2001)
Michael’s interests include owning, riding and maintaining classic motorcycles.