Michael has the ability to do chancery and tax together so it makes him an excellent resource. ‘He is a very down-to-earth and practical barrister.” “He talks straight and just gives you a focused view on what the practical answer is.’ “
Michael is a commercial and chancery barrister specialising in:
- Wills, trusts, probate and inheritance (including private client taxation and TOLATA)
- Professional negligence in any of his areas of expertise including in relation to negligent tax advice
- Commercial and contractual disputes
Before coming to the Bar, Michael served as helicopter aircrew in the Royal Air Force for 6 years and as a police officer for 10 years. He was a solicitor in the law firm Burges Salmon LLP where he practised between 2002 and 2009.
In appropriate cases Michael will undertake work via public access.
- Senior Associate Teacher, University of Bristol, Law of Trusts
- Junior Counsel to the Crown 2015 to 2020
Qualifications & awards:
- University of Bristol – First Class (2001)
Michael’s interests include owning, riding and maintaining classic motorcycles.