I was really impressed with Sophie’s work, thoroughness, calm and ability to deal with the very difficult LIP on the other side without losing sight of the issues. I look forward to continuing to work with her.”
Following two day contested fact-finding hearing
Sophie joins Chambers after the successful completion of her specialist family pupillage under the supervision of Judi Evans (Head of Family & Divorce team) and Andrew Commins.
Sophie is building a busy practice in the following areas:
- Children Private Law
- Children Public Law
- Schedule 1 Children Act 1989
- Divorce & Financial Remedies
- Part IV Family Law Act 1996 (Domestic Violence)
- ToLATA 1996
Sophie’s experience is strengthened by having worked for over 2 years in the family team of a highly respected national law firm. During this time she assisted on a variety of private and public law children matters. Consequently, she has a unique ability to view cases from the perspectives of both her professional and lay clients.
Sophie also spent a period of time working in the Children Services Legal Team at a Local Authority in the South West and volunteering with the National Centre for Domestic Violence.
Qualifications & awards:
- University of Law BPTC – Very Competent
- University of Sussex LLB (Hons)
- “Highly Commended” prize – Bar Council’s Law Reform Essay Competition (2017)
- Joseph Jackson Scholarship (Major Award) – The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple (2014)
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition – The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple (2014)
- Scholarship – University of Law (2014)
- Winner – The Crown Prosecution Service Mooting Competition (2013)