Sophie is regularly instructed for all types of hearings, including FHDRAs, DRAs, directions hearings, fact-finding hearings and final hearings. Sophie has particular experience of representing parties in cases involving serious allegations and concerns in respect of domestic abuse (including coercive control), mental health, substance misuse, parental alienation and implacable hostility.
Sophie is also regularly instructed in concurrent proceedings under Part IV Family Law Act 1996 concerning applications for occupation orders and non-molestation orders.
Sophie has experience of cases concerning jurisdictional issues and international elements, including applications to remove children from the jurisdiction and child abduction.
- Family Law Bar Association (FLBA)
- Western Circuit
Qualifications & awards:
- University of Law BPTC – Very Competent
- University of Sussex LLB (Hons)
- “Highly Commended” prize – Bar Council’s Law Reform Essay Competition (2017)
- Joseph Jackson Scholarship (Major Award) – The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple (2014)
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibition – The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple (2014)
- Scholarship – University of Law (2014)
- Winner – The Crown Prosecution Service Mooting Competition (2013)