William has very strong analytical skills and attention to detail and provides a timely and reactive service, is very approachable and makes every effort to be available to clients.”
William has over thirty years’ experience advising and acting in disputes before arbitrators and the English courts. He specialises in commercial and construction law, often with a cross border element, and international arbitration. He sits as an arbitrator in ICC and other international tribunals and is a construction adjudicator. William has substantial experience of China-related disputes and until recently was a director of the Great Britain China Centre.
Chambers UK have described him as ‘an outstanding advocate’ and UK Legal 500 as ‘very bright and experienced, providing detailed analysis of issues’, ‘an expert on FIDIC contracts and related arbitration’, with ‘very strong analytical skills and attention to detail‘ and ‘good credentials in the arbitration communities of China and Asia’.
A graduate of University College London (first class) and Oxford University (DPhil), he is a visiting law lecturer at City, University of London and author of numerous publications on commercial, construction and arbitration law. He is proficient in German.
- Arbitration panel member of the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission and other international arbitration panels.
- Panel adjudicator and arbitrator of the English Technology and Construction Bar Association.
Qualifications & awards:
- BA (First Class) University College London
- B Phil;D Phil Oriel College, Oxford.
- Benefactors senior law scholar, Middle Temple