Clinical negligence conference – delayed diagnosis of cancer
Starts: 8:45 am
Ends: 4:45 pm
Venue: Bristol Marriott Royal College Green
Cost: Early bird offer: £80 + VAT until 1st October. £100 + VAT from 2nd October 2022
CPD points: 6
This conference features talks from senior medical practitioners with a wealth of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of cancers, and insights from members of our clinical negligence team working in this field. The experts will address the particular challenges of Covid on the provision of care and the impact on litigation.
Consultant oncologist Professor Pat Price’s presentation will focus on the staging of cancers and their treatment, Stuart Winter, Consultant ENT surgeon will provide an overview of cancers of the head and neck and Dr Jeremy Platt will discuss the GP’s responsibility in the early diagnosis of cancer.
The day will conclude with a panel discussion on the current challenges facing clinical negligence litigation in light of the proposed structure and funding reforms and the impact of Covid.
- Contributory negligence and failure to mitigate – Robert Mills, Deputy Head of Clinical Negligence team and Rachel Segal, Barrister, Clinical Negligence team
- A general overview of the GP’s responsibility in the early diagnosis of cancer – Dr Jeremy Platt MA (Oxon); MBChB; MRCP (UK).
- Life expectancy and claims for lost years – Rhodri Jones and Jimmy Barber, Barristers, Clinical Negligence team
- An overview of cancers of the head and neck addressing the easy and the hard aspects of care – Stuart Winter, Consultant Ear Nose and Throat, Head and Neck Surgeon and Associate Professor, University of Oxford
- Clinical negligence legal update – James Marwick, Barrister, Clinical Negligence team
- Staging of cancers and their treatment including radiotherapy and chemotherapy – Professor Pat Price MA MD FRCP FRCR, Consultant Oncologist
Who should attend?
This one-day conference is designed for claimant and defendant clinical negligence lawyers of all seniority.