Matthew is known for his expertise in clinical negligence, personal injury and sports law cases.
In the field of personal injury he specialises in asbestos related disease claims and catastrophic head and spinal injuries. In clinical negligence cases he acts for claimants and defendants in a wide variety of high value claims.
In sports law disputes, Matthew is acknowledged for his extensive experience of personal injury claims and regulatory work involving anti-doping regulations.
Matthew’s practice is nationwide and he is happy to travel to meet clients. He prioritises the management of cases in a sensitive and inclusive manner.
He has been recommended in Chambers UK and Legal 500 in personal injury since 2006 and appears in the “Spotlight Table” for industrial disease in Chambers & Partners.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Association for Victims of Medical Accidents
- British Association for Sport and the Law
Qualifications & awards:
- 1992 Diploma in International Law – St. Catherine’s College Cambridge
- 1991 MA in Jurisprudence – Trinity College, Oxford
- Legally Qualified Chair on the British Equine Federation’s Anti-Doping and Controlled Medication Hearing Body.