Richard specialises in commercial matters, and acts in contractual disputes of all kinds. He advises on matters such as: the existence of a contract; the interpretation of the terms of a contract; setting aside a contract (e.g. on the grounds of undue influence); the level of damages; and quantum meruit.
His insolvency experience includes applications to set aside statutory demands.
Recent work includes:
- Advised on claim by accountant for unpaid fees.
- Advised on dispute about oral joint venture agreement.
- Pre-action disclosure application in commercial dispute.
- Application to set aside statutory demand.
- Trustee in bankruptcy’s application for private examination of bankrupt.
- Advised on interpretation and enforceability of overage clause.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Appointed to the panel of barristers who sit as clerks at Barrister Disciplinary Tribunals (March 2013)
Qualifications & awards:
- BA (Oxon) Literae Humaniores (First Class); Princess Royal Scholarship (Inner Temple); completed the Advanced Advocacy Course, Keble College, Oxford University (August 2013)