Richard specialises in real estate matters, and acts in both residential and commercial property disputes.
His areas of expertise include: landlord and tenant disputes; freehold covenants; easements; adverse possession; boundary disputes; trespass/nuisance (including tree root damage); and claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
He worked as Judicial Assistant to Lord Justice Carnwath between January and March 2010, and is a qualified mediator.
Recent work includes:
- Two day trial in right of way dispute
- Injunction hearing in mortgage dispute
- Advised on dispute about oral joint venture agreement
- Advised a tenant of commercial premises re validity of break notice
- Injunction hearing in neighbour dispute – Royal Courts of Justice
- Hearing re validity of equitable mortgage
- Possession hearing re protected shorthold tenancy –
- Advised on interpretation and enforceability of overage clause
- One day boundary dispute trial
- Chancery Bar Association
- Appointed to the panel of barristers who sit as clerks at Barrister Disciplinary Tribunals (March 2013)
Qualifications & awards:
- BA (Oxon) Literae Humaniores (First Class); Princess Royal Scholarship (Inner Temple); completed the Advanced Advocacy Course, Keble College, Oxford University (August 2013)