Property & Affairs
The team have been kept busy handling cases involving issues of mental capacity arising from diagnoses of dementia, health and welfare matters, and property and affairs disputes."
Court of Protection
St John‘s Chambers established and respected Court of Protection team advise on all disputes concerning property and affairs.
Areas of expertise:
- The contested appointment and discharge of deputies
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA’s)
- Enduring Powers of Attorney (EPA’s)
- Applications and revocations
- Applications for statutory wills
- Disputed tenancy agreements and
- Cases involving allegations of financial abuse
We act for claimants, relatives, private bodies, statutory agencies and the Official Solicitor.
We have barristers of varying levels of seniority and undertake advocacy at all stages of a dispute, from District Judge to High Court Judge, including appearing in the Court of Protection in London, the South West, Wales and other regional locations.
As the number of cases being dealt with by way of mediation increases, our mediation team are on hand to help, be it by providing the advocates, mediators or both. Our facilities are specifically designed to meet with client’s needs for a mediation venue. Read more