Has great attention to detail and gives clear, pragmatic advice.”
Chancery, Probate & Tax
John is a barrister specialising in Court of Protection work, he has appeared in the Court of Protection both in London, Bristol and other regional hubs. John brings his trust law experience and knowledge of financial issues to the help in property and affairs cases including challenges to remove attorneys and applications in relation to LPAs. His financial background has proved useful in cases concerning allegations of the misappropriation of funds. John has dealt with the approval of gifts, statutory wills and applications concerning Health & Welfare LPA and Deputyship issues. Other areas of John’s practice include contentious probate, real property and professional negligence cases; all of which can prove helpful in matters spinning off from Court of Protection work.
Prior to his career at the Bar John qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1991, working for five years at what is now part of PricewaterhouseCoopers, in its litigation support department. He was seconded to the Serious Fraud Office to assist in the BCCI investigation.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Associate member of the Association of Contentious Trust And Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- Western Chancery & Commercial Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
- Chartered Accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales) ACA
- Associate Member of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Member of the Court of Protection Bar Association
Qualifications & awards:
- BA Comb Hons (Exon.) ACA (Qualified as a Chartered Accountant 1991) Dip. Law (Distinction)